Posts Tagged embedded
Xduino team is currently out of station so we are positing temporary download instructions here : -)
Kindly signup here first:
I would like to inform you that XDUINO-IDE is ready, you can download it from
Note that you are only authorized to download this version of
XDUINO-IDE only if you have the STM32 Uploader software in your
Note that the username is all lower-case.
We are currently testing out some additional MCUs some comes with Ethernet so the inclusion of TCPIP stack could be included in the future scope. We also have received some request from Apple/Mac OSX users and as we currently don’t have access to any Apple/Mac OSX system and without any funding we cannot proceed on this. However, if we can get some substantial sponsorship/donation we will proceed on this as well as intensively continue our development.
XDUINO-IDE (v0.91) with integrated uploader tool is finally here. The current release will only be available for those who have bought an XDUINO board from us.
If you have bought a board from us and wants to download the IDE, please send us a note and we’ll get back to you asap.
XDUINO package with library files has been renamed XDUINO-lib.
There is also a minor upgrade for XDUINO-lib in the just released version 0.33
We have restocked XDuino boards, please check on our ‘hardware’ page to see what we have.
Yes, this is an official : -) announcement that XDUINO-IDE will be coming out within the next few days (not more than 1-2 days)….
Xduino v0.31 has been released. This release include STM32f10x required libraries as well as project example file for Keil RV-MDK and IAR EWARMv5.
Minor change has been done for serial port buffering to make sure that buffering is done seperately for each serial port.
Finally Xduino version 0.3 has been released. This version has all Arduino platform functions except for analogReference() function.
On top of the the above, Xduino have taken a step further by extending the functionalities above and beyond current scope. For more information please check the Documentation section.
This version also includes Keil RV-MDK project file example.
Today Xduino v0.11 has been released. With higher syntax compatibility to Arduino platform.
You can see a simple example and download the latest Xduino release on the ARM Cortex M-3 page.
Wanting to run Arduino-like program on ARM boards? Finally something is here : -).
Yes, the Xduino for ARM Cortex-M3 STM32F10x is ready for you to download. It’s just the first step. You can download it here:
You can check out the ARM Cortex-M3 section for help and example!.
Let us know what you think……
Arduino platform has definitely enabled a lot of people including those non-tech savvy ones to enter into the electronics worlds. From the beauty of Arduino, now comes the challenge in making Arduino-like environment accessible across as many hardware platforms as possible. This would enable the simplicity and yet powerful Arduino platform to harvest on more powerful resources provided by different hardware to overcome hardware limitations based on different needs.
This approach will never be fully realized without contributors. So all contributions are welcome. Also, comments/suggestions will be highly appreciated. : -)
Let’s see what wonders we can create together…
Now, a little about me. My name is Ram, I am an independent IT consultant based in Bangkok and really like the Arduino project but it did not fit my needs so I started playing with ARM and manage to understand a bit about it then started this project. Feel free to contact me via the Contact us page : -)
Arduino-like library for ARM platform
This project has been started for making ARM processor boards (the platform which is much more powerful) be easily accessible just like Arduino. Nowadays you can find ARM boards easily.
This idea came about when running into limitation of resources provided by the ATMEGA processor and with short learning curve for Arduino platform.
This starting point focuses on ARM Cortex-M3 processor from STM32F10ret6 platform it runs at 72MHz processor 512KB of flash memory and 64KB of RAM, many several USART communication ports and a lot of GPIO pins.
Library for other boards will be added as the board gets within reach.
See more at Platform page
XDUINOA project from Thailand
Now if you can program an Arduino then you can easily program on Xduino on 32-bit platform of ARM Cortex-M3.
Want to use low-cost microcontroller with simple programming language and high performance? You can use Xduino + Arm Cortex-M3 STM board.
Xduino project has been started in order to bring Arduino-like environment to different hardware platforms.
(Note: Xduino supports all Arduino functions except analogReference()).
XDUINO IDE is available, so users will have to download the XDUINO-IDE and start enjoying the world of XDUINO on ARM Cortex-M3)
CopyrightCopyright (c) 2009 Ram Narula Programs are distributed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- KFKI, Wibu AG team on integrated security for industrial networks March 12, 2014To deal with the many security challenges of the Industry 4.0 and the Internet of Things, the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI) and Wibu Systems AG have launched an intensive cooperative long term effort
- Cloud Technology Partners' PaaSLane 2.0 optimizes Java and .NET apps for cloud environments March 11, 2014Cloud Technology Partners has announced PaaSLane 2.0, which the company claims to be the only software solution that analyzes Java and .NET application source code to improve cloud readiness.
- Tap into the embedded IoT "renaissance" at ESC/EELive! March 11, 2014At EELive VDC's Christopher Rommell will look at the business opportunities for companies trying to rally around the Internet of Things as a catalyst for an embedded renaissance. […]
- Investigating open source hardware at ESC/EELive! March 10, 2014At the ESC/EELive Hardware Startup Engineering Summit there will be a lively panel discussion on the role of Open Source Hardware in embedded design.
- TI’s WEBENCH Schematic Editor speeds power management designs March 10, 2014WEBENCH Schematic Editor from Texas Instruments is a new editing and simulation feature that enables engineers to customize power management designs and simulate the circuit created within the WEBENCH environment.
- Learning more about embedding USB 3.0 at ESC/EELive 2014 March 10, 2014At ESC/EELive!, Mentor Graphics’ Colin Walls will provide a session titled "USB 3.0 - An Introduction for Embedded Software Developers" as part of the Hardware: Design, I/O, and Interfacing track.
- Embedded.com Tech Focus Newsletter (3-10-14): Modeling tools March 10, 2014Archived copy of the Monday Tech Focus for March 10, 2014, focused on using high level modeling languages and tools for embedded design. […]
- TRINAMIC launches MOSFET product line for stepper motors March 10, 2014TRINAMIC Motion Control has launched a line of discrete MOSFET integrated circuits specifically designed to complement the company's motor drive pre-driver ICs.
- Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad is TI's first 32-bit IoT LaunchPad March 10, 2014The Tiva C Series Connected LaunchPad from Texas Instruments is the company's latest addition to its microcontroller LaunchPad ecosystem.
- KFKI, Wibu AG team on integrated security for industrial networks March 12, 2014