Posts Tagged embedded
Xduino team is currently out of station so we are positing temporary download instructions here : -)
Kindly signup here first:
I would like to inform you that XDUINO-IDE is ready, you can download it from
Note that you are only authorized to download this version of
XDUINO-IDE only if you have the STM32 Uploader software in your
Note that the username is all lower-case.
We are currently testing out some additional MCUs some comes with Ethernet so the inclusion of TCPIP stack could be included in the future scope. We also have received some request from Apple/Mac OSX users and as we currently don’t have access to any Apple/Mac OSX system and without any funding we cannot proceed on this. However, if we can get some substantial sponsorship/donation we will proceed on this as well as intensively continue our development.
XDUINO-IDE (v0.91) with integrated uploader tool is finally here. The current release will only be available for those who have bought an XDUINO board from us.
If you have bought a board from us and wants to download the IDE, please send us a note and we’ll get back to you asap.
XDUINO package with library files has been renamed XDUINO-lib.
There is also a minor upgrade for XDUINO-lib in the just released version 0.33
We have restocked XDuino boards, please check on our ‘hardware’ page to see what we have.
Yes, this is an official : -) announcement that XDUINO-IDE will be coming out within the next few days (not more than 1-2 days)….
Xduino v0.31 has been released. This release include STM32f10x required libraries as well as project example file for Keil RV-MDK and IAR EWARMv5.
Minor change has been done for serial port buffering to make sure that buffering is done seperately for each serial port.
Finally Xduino version 0.3 has been released. This version has all Arduino platform functions except for analogReference() function.
On top of the the above, Xduino have taken a step further by extending the functionalities above and beyond current scope. For more information please check the Documentation section.
This version also includes Keil RV-MDK project file example.
Today Xduino v0.11 has been released. With higher syntax compatibility to Arduino platform.
You can see a simple example and download the latest Xduino release on the ARM Cortex M-3 page.
Wanting to run Arduino-like program on ARM boards? Finally something is here : -).
Yes, the Xduino for ARM Cortex-M3 STM32F10x is ready for you to download. It’s just the first step. You can download it here:
You can check out the ARM Cortex-M3 section for help and example!.
Let us know what you think……
Arduino platform has definitely enabled a lot of people including those non-tech savvy ones to enter into the electronics worlds. From the beauty of Arduino, now comes the challenge in making Arduino-like environment accessible across as many hardware platforms as possible. This would enable the simplicity and yet powerful Arduino platform to harvest on more powerful resources provided by different hardware to overcome hardware limitations based on different needs.
This approach will never be fully realized without contributors. So all contributions are welcome. Also, comments/suggestions will be highly appreciated. : -)
Let’s see what wonders we can create together…
Now, a little about me. My name is Ram, I am an independent IT consultant based in Bangkok and really like the Arduino project but it did not fit my needs so I started playing with ARM and manage to understand a bit about it then started this project. Feel free to contact me via the Contact us page : -)
Arduino-like library for ARM platform
This project has been started for making ARM processor boards (the platform which is much more powerful) be easily accessible just like Arduino. Nowadays you can find ARM boards easily.
This idea came about when running into limitation of resources provided by the ATMEGA processor and with short learning curve for Arduino platform.
This starting point focuses on ARM Cortex-M3 processor from STM32F10ret6 platform it runs at 72MHz processor 512KB of flash memory and 64KB of RAM, many several USART communication ports and a lot of GPIO pins.
Library for other boards will be added as the board gets within reach.
See more at Platform page
XDUINOA project from Thailand
Now if you can program an Arduino then you can easily program on Xduino on 32-bit platform of ARM Cortex-M3.
Want to use low-cost microcontroller with simple programming language and high performance? You can use Xduino + Arm Cortex-M3 STM board.
Xduino project has been started in order to bring Arduino-like environment to different hardware platforms.
(Note: Xduino supports all Arduino functions except analogReference()).
XDUINO IDE is available, so users will have to download the XDUINO-IDE and start enjoying the world of XDUINO on ARM Cortex-M3)
CopyrightCopyright (c) 2009 Ram Narula Programs are distributed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- Google I/O: New voice, music, Maps, photos, search & web apps May 16, 2013No shiny new gadgets or Android/Chrome news, but Google did show search responding to voice recognition and CEO Larry Page gave a surprise Q&A […]
- M2M is dead: Long live IoT? May 15, 2013In this Telecom Council Mobile Forum M2M Workshop keynote address, the death of M2M is predicted, much like the death of non-standards computing in the late 70s and of non-standards wireless in the 1980s. […]
- Group formed to back MQTT as publish/subscribe M2M open protocol May 15, 2013Organizations around the world are collaborating to adopt the lightweight messaging transport protocol(MQTT) as an open source standard for wireless Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connections. […]
- Arduino-compatible chipKIT platform expands with PIC32-based boards May 15, 2013Microchip Technology Inc. has expanded its Arduino compatible chipKIT platform ecosystem with new tools. […]
- Digi dives into IoT sensor cloud at Google I/O May 15, 2013Digi 500-Node Internet of Things network at Google I/O is capable of collecting 40 million data points from 4,000 data streams delivered via Etherios Device Cloud to Google Maps. […]
- Bit-banging pulse density modulation May 14, 2013Digital-to-analog converter on the cheap: this method is better way to implement a single-bit DAC on a budget. […]
- TI delivers ZigBee SoC for smart energy, building automation May 14, 2013The CC2538 system-on-chip (SoC) from TI incorporates an ARM Cortex-M3 MCU, memory, and hardware accelerators on one piece of silicon. […]
- PE.STONE platform provides tailorable approach to wireless Internet of Things May 14, 2013PE.STONE (Paradox Engineering SmarT Object Network Engine) from Paradox Engineering SA enables companies to build their own Internet of Things solutions. […]
- CoSy compiler development system optimizes for extreme architectures May 14, 2013The 2013 Spring Edition of the CoSy compiler development system allows developers to build compilers for compute-intensive applications and extreme architectures. […]
- Energy Micro's Wonder Gecko MCU has ARM Cortex-M4 and FPU May 14, 2013Energy Micro is shipping the EFM32 Wonder Gecko MCU, with ARM Cortex-M4 processor that provides a full DSP instruction set and a dedicated floating point unit (FPU). […]
- Google I/O: New voice, music, Maps, photos, search & web apps May 16, 2013