Posts Tagged embedded
Xduino team is currently out of station so we are positing temporary download instructions here : -)
Kindly signup here first:
I would like to inform you that XDUINO-IDE is ready, you can download it from
Note that you are only authorized to download this version of
XDUINO-IDE only if you have the STM32 Uploader software in your
Note that the username is all lower-case.
We are currently testing out some additional MCUs some comes with Ethernet so the inclusion of TCPIP stack could be included in the future scope. We also have received some request from Apple/Mac OSX users and as we currently don’t have access to any Apple/Mac OSX system and without any funding we cannot proceed on this. However, if we can get some substantial sponsorship/donation we will proceed on this as well as intensively continue our development.
XDUINO-IDE (v0.91) with integrated uploader tool is finally here. The current release will only be available for those who have bought an XDUINO board from us.
If you have bought a board from us and wants to download the IDE, please send us a note and we’ll get back to you asap.
XDUINO package with library files has been renamed XDUINO-lib.
There is also a minor upgrade for XDUINO-lib in the just released version 0.33
We have restocked XDuino boards, please check on our ‘hardware’ page to see what we have.
Yes, this is an official : -) announcement that XDUINO-IDE will be coming out within the next few days (not more than 1-2 days)….
Xduino v0.31 has been released. This release include STM32f10x required libraries as well as project example file for Keil RV-MDK and IAR EWARMv5.
Minor change has been done for serial port buffering to make sure that buffering is done seperately for each serial port.
Finally Xduino version 0.3 has been released. This version has all Arduino platform functions except for analogReference() function.
On top of the the above, Xduino have taken a step further by extending the functionalities above and beyond current scope. For more information please check the Documentation section.
This version also includes Keil RV-MDK project file example.
Today Xduino v0.11 has been released. With higher syntax compatibility to Arduino platform.
You can see a simple example and download the latest Xduino release on the ARM Cortex M-3 page.
Wanting to run Arduino-like program on ARM boards? Finally something is here : -).
Yes, the Xduino for ARM Cortex-M3 STM32F10x is ready for you to download. It’s just the first step. You can download it here:
You can check out the ARM Cortex-M3 section for help and example!.
Let us know what you think……
Arduino platform has definitely enabled a lot of people including those non-tech savvy ones to enter into the electronics worlds. From the beauty of Arduino, now comes the challenge in making Arduino-like environment accessible across as many hardware platforms as possible. This would enable the simplicity and yet powerful Arduino platform to harvest on more powerful resources provided by different hardware to overcome hardware limitations based on different needs.
This approach will never be fully realized without contributors. So all contributions are welcome. Also, comments/suggestions will be highly appreciated. : -)
Let’s see what wonders we can create together…
Now, a little about me. My name is Ram, I am an independent IT consultant based in Bangkok and really like the Arduino project but it did not fit my needs so I started playing with ARM and manage to understand a bit about it then started this project. Feel free to contact me via the Contact us page : -)
Arduino-like library for ARM platform
This project has been started for making ARM processor boards (the platform which is much more powerful) be easily accessible just like Arduino. Nowadays you can find ARM boards easily.
This idea came about when running into limitation of resources provided by the ATMEGA processor and with short learning curve for Arduino platform.
This starting point focuses on ARM Cortex-M3 processor from STM32F10ret6 platform it runs at 72MHz processor 512KB of flash memory and 64KB of RAM, many several USART communication ports and a lot of GPIO pins.
Library for other boards will be added as the board gets within reach.
See more at Platform page
XDUINOA project from Thailand
Now if you can program an Arduino then you can easily program on Xduino on 32-bit platform of ARM Cortex-M3.
Want to use low-cost microcontroller with simple programming language and high performance? You can use Xduino + Arm Cortex-M3 STM board.
Xduino project has been started in order to bring Arduino-like environment to different hardware platforms.
(Note: Xduino supports all Arduino functions except analogReference()).
XDUINO IDE is available, so users will have to download the XDUINO-IDE and start enjoying the world of XDUINO on ARM Cortex-M3)
CopyrightCopyright (c) 2009 Ram Narula Programs are distributed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- NXP's NTAG I²C offers NFC interaction with any electronic device September 2, 2014NXP Semiconductors announced a complete passive solution for near field communication (NFC) interaction for a wide variety of applications such as home appliances, consumer electronics, wearable technology and home automation.
- Eurotech's DynaGATE 15-10 gateway and edge controller targets transportation apps September 1, 2014The DynaGATE 15-10 from Eurotech is a multi-service gateway and edge controller designed to meet transportation industry requirements.
- Allegro's galvanically isolated current sensor IC boasts differential output September 1, 2014Allegro Microsystems claims that its ACS726 is the first current sensor IC to include a fully differential back-end amplifier that can be used to adjust gain and bandwidth via external RC networks.
- Developing ARM-based secure designs you can trust September 1, 2014To deal with continuing security threats, developers of ARM-based mobile and embedded Internet of Things designs will need to complement their software protections with hardware solutions such as ARM TrustZone and other trusted execution environment alternatives.
- A trillion sensors September 1, 2014The trillion sensor world is not going to happen any time soon.
- Broadcom announces WICED Sense dev kit for IoT apps September 1, 2014Broadcom Corporation's WICED Sense development kit is an all-in-one IoT prototyping kit.
- TI expands ultra-low-power FRAM MCU portfolio August 31, 2014Texas Instruments (TI) has released 46 new ultra-low-power MSP430 FRAM (ferroelectric RAM) microcontrollers (MCUs) with more memory, features and integration.
- Share and share alike August 31, 2014How shared code in an embedded software application is implemented, illustrated with examples where its use was the solution to intractable problems.
- Bug hunting SoC designs to achieve full functional coverage closure August 31, 2014How to use constrained random verification to create scenarios to uncover bugs that are difficult to find using traditional directed verification techniques.
- Renesas new R-Car device offers high-res image recognition for driver assistance systems August 30, 2014The R-Car V2H from Renesas Electronics Corporation is the company's newest system-on-a-chip (SoC) implementing state-of-the-art image recognition technology to support high-resolution surround viewing in advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS).
- NXP's NTAG I²C offers NFC interaction with any electronic device September 2, 2014