Archive for category embedded
We are currently testing out some additional MCUs some comes with Ethernet so the inclusion of TCPIP stack could be included in the future scope. We also have received some request from Apple/Mac OSX users and as we currently don’t have access to any Apple/Mac OSX system and without any funding we cannot proceed on this. However, if we can get some substantial sponsorship/donation we will proceed on this as well as intensively continue our development.
Now as XDUINO-IDE is ready for download, these are the list of components you will find in XDUINO-IDE. This platform provides ease of compiling and uploading to the ARM Cortex-M3 devices by simply clicking the button on the main interface : -).
Main components includes:
What are you waiting for, you can signup to download it now from Download page.
XDUINO-IDE is ready for you to use with ARM Cortex-M3 STM32 boards. : -) Just fill out fill in the registration form on Download page.
Here is a screen shot:
XDUINO-IDE (v0.91) with integrated uploader tool is finally here. The current release will only be available for those who have bought an XDUINO board from us.
If you have bought a board from us and wants to download the IDE, please send us a note and we’ll get back to you asap.
XDUINO package with library files has been renamed XDUINO-lib.
There is also a minor upgrade for XDUINO-lib in the just released version 0.33
We have restocked XDuino boards, please check on our ‘hardware’ page to see what we have.
Yes, this is an official : -) announcement that XDUINO-IDE will be coming out within the next few days (not more than 1-2 days)….
Arduino platform has definitely enabled a lot of people including those non-tech savvy ones to enter into the electronics worlds. From the beauty of Arduino, now comes the challenge in making Arduino-like environment accessible across as many hardware platforms as possible. This would enable the simplicity and yet powerful Arduino platform to harvest on more powerful resources provided by different hardware to overcome hardware limitations based on different needs.
This approach will never be fully realized without contributors. So all contributions are welcome. Also, comments/suggestions will be highly appreciated. : -)
Let’s see what wonders we can create together…
Now, a little about me. My name is Ram, I am an independent IT consultant based in Bangkok and really like the Arduino project but it did not fit my needs so I started playing with ARM and manage to understand a bit about it then started this project. Feel free to contact me via the Contact us page : -)
Arduino-like library for ARM platform
This project has been started for making ARM processor boards (the platform which is much more powerful) be easily accessible just like Arduino. Nowadays you can find ARM boards easily.
This idea came about when running into limitation of resources provided by the ATMEGA processor and with short learning curve for Arduino platform.
This starting point focuses on ARM Cortex-M3 processor from STM32F10ret6 platform it runs at 72MHz processor 512KB of flash memory and 64KB of RAM, many several USART communication ports and a lot of GPIO pins.
Library for other boards will be added as the board gets within reach.
See more at Platform page
You are currently browsing the archives for the embedded category.
XDUINOA project from Thailand
Now if you can program an Arduino then you can easily program on Xduino on 32-bit platform of ARM Cortex-M3.
Want to use low-cost microcontroller with simple programming language and high performance? You can use Xduino + Arm Cortex-M3 STM board.
Xduino project has been started in order to bring Arduino-like environment to different hardware platforms.
(Note: Xduino supports all Arduino functions except analogReference()).
XDUINO IDE is available, so users will have to download the XDUINO-IDE and start enjoying the world of XDUINO on ARM Cortex-M3)
CopyrightCopyright (c) 2009 Ram Narula Programs are distributed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- Google I/O: New voice, music, Maps, photos, search & web apps May 16, 2013No shiny new gadgets or Android/Chrome news, but Google did show search responding to voice recognition and CEO Larry Page gave a surprise Q&A […]
- M2M is dead: Long live IoT? May 15, 2013In this Telecom Council Mobile Forum M2M Workshop keynote address, the death of M2M is predicted, much like the death of non-standards computing in the late 70s and of non-standards wireless in the 1980s. […]
- Group formed to back MQTT as publish/subscribe M2M open protocol May 15, 2013Organizations around the world are collaborating to adopt the lightweight messaging transport protocol(MQTT) as an open source standard for wireless Machine-to-Machine (M2M) connections. […]
- Arduino-compatible chipKIT platform expands with PIC32-based boards May 15, 2013Microchip Technology Inc. has expanded its Arduino compatible chipKIT platform ecosystem with new tools. […]
- Digi dives into IoT sensor cloud at Google I/O May 15, 2013Digi 500-Node Internet of Things network at Google I/O is capable of collecting 40 million data points from 4,000 data streams delivered via Etherios Device Cloud to Google Maps. […]
- Bit-banging pulse density modulation May 14, 2013Digital-to-analog converter on the cheap: this method is better way to implement a single-bit DAC on a budget. […]
- TI delivers ZigBee SoC for smart energy, building automation May 14, 2013The CC2538 system-on-chip (SoC) from TI incorporates an ARM Cortex-M3 MCU, memory, and hardware accelerators on one piece of silicon. […]
- PE.STONE platform provides tailorable approach to wireless Internet of Things May 14, 2013PE.STONE (Paradox Engineering SmarT Object Network Engine) from Paradox Engineering SA enables companies to build their own Internet of Things solutions. […]
- CoSy compiler development system optimizes for extreme architectures May 14, 2013The 2013 Spring Edition of the CoSy compiler development system allows developers to build compilers for compute-intensive applications and extreme architectures. […]
- Energy Micro's Wonder Gecko MCU has ARM Cortex-M4 and FPU May 14, 2013Energy Micro is shipping the EFM32 Wonder Gecko MCU, with ARM Cortex-M4 processor that provides a full DSP instruction set and a dedicated floating point unit (FPU). […]
- Google I/O: New voice, music, Maps, photos, search & web apps May 16, 2013