Archive for category embedded
We are currently testing out some additional MCUs some comes with Ethernet so the inclusion of TCPIP stack could be included in the future scope. We also have received some request from Apple/Mac OSX users and as we currently don’t have access to any Apple/Mac OSX system and without any funding we cannot proceed on this. However, if we can get some substantial sponsorship/donation we will proceed on this as well as intensively continue our development.
Now as XDUINO-IDE is ready for download, these are the list of components you will find in XDUINO-IDE. This platform provides ease of compiling and uploading to the ARM Cortex-M3 devices by simply clicking the button on the main interface : -).
Main components includes:
What are you waiting for, you can signup to download it now from Download page.
XDUINO-IDE is ready for you to use with ARM Cortex-M3 STM32 boards. : -) Just fill out fill in the registration form on Download page.
Here is a screen shot:
XDUINO-IDE (v0.91) with integrated uploader tool is finally here. The current release will only be available for those who have bought an XDUINO board from us.
If you have bought a board from us and wants to download the IDE, please send us a note and we’ll get back to you asap.
XDUINO package with library files has been renamed XDUINO-lib.
There is also a minor upgrade for XDUINO-lib in the just released version 0.33
We have restocked XDuino boards, please check on our ‘hardware’ page to see what we have.
Yes, this is an official : -) announcement that XDUINO-IDE will be coming out within the next few days (not more than 1-2 days)….
Arduino platform has definitely enabled a lot of people including those non-tech savvy ones to enter into the electronics worlds. From the beauty of Arduino, now comes the challenge in making Arduino-like environment accessible across as many hardware platforms as possible. This would enable the simplicity and yet powerful Arduino platform to harvest on more powerful resources provided by different hardware to overcome hardware limitations based on different needs.
This approach will never be fully realized without contributors. So all contributions are welcome. Also, comments/suggestions will be highly appreciated. : -)
Let’s see what wonders we can create together…
Now, a little about me. My name is Ram, I am an independent IT consultant based in Bangkok and really like the Arduino project but it did not fit my needs so I started playing with ARM and manage to understand a bit about it then started this project. Feel free to contact me via the Contact us page : -)
Arduino-like library for ARM platform
This project has been started for making ARM processor boards (the platform which is much more powerful) be easily accessible just like Arduino. Nowadays you can find ARM boards easily.
This idea came about when running into limitation of resources provided by the ATMEGA processor and with short learning curve for Arduino platform.
This starting point focuses on ARM Cortex-M3 processor from STM32F10ret6 platform it runs at 72MHz processor 512KB of flash memory and 64KB of RAM, many several USART communication ports and a lot of GPIO pins.
Library for other boards will be added as the board gets within reach.
See more at Platform page
You are currently browsing the archives for the embedded category.
XDUINOA project from Thailand
Now if you can program an Arduino then you can easily program on Xduino on 32-bit platform of ARM Cortex-M3.
Want to use low-cost microcontroller with simple programming language and high performance? You can use Xduino + Arm Cortex-M3 STM board.
Xduino project has been started in order to bring Arduino-like environment to different hardware platforms.
(Note: Xduino supports all Arduino functions except analogReference()).
XDUINO IDE is available, so users will have to download the XDUINO-IDE and start enjoying the world of XDUINO on ARM Cortex-M3)
CopyrightCopyright (c) 2009 Ram Narula Programs are distributed under GNU Lesser General Public License (LGPL)
- Boston-Area Engineers to Share Expertise at ESC Boston 2015 December 19, 2014In an exciting new session format at ESC Boston 2015, engineers who’ve been through and survived the embedded system development process look to help others learn from their mistakes.
- Curtiss-Wright offers innovative 3U VPX ARM-based SBC for cost-free evaluation December 19, 2014Curtiss-Wright Corporation's Defense Solutions division is offering an ARM-based COTS VPX3-1701 3U VPX single board computer (SBC) for evaluation at no-cost to select, qualified system developers.
- Embedded news: Week of Dec. 15 - 19, 2014 December 18, 2014Embedded industry product /tech news analysis stories for this week from Cypress Semi, DesignCon, Green Hills Software, IAR Systems, IBM, IEDM, International Society of Automation, Keysight Technologies, LDRA, QuickLogic, Texas Instruments, STMicro, and WIN Enterprises
- Top 10 robotics stories of 2014 December 18, 2014Here are some of the top robot stories and slideshows from 2014 for your entertainment and enlightenment.
- IEDM 2014: Eleven views of progress December 17, 2014This week the big takeaway at the 2014 International Electron Devices Meeting is that there is still life in Moore's Law and a lot of smart people are driving it forward.
- "Things" are the thing in Internet of Things December 17, 2014Plenty of people and companies in the technology world tend to come at the Internet of Things by dwelling on the "Internet." But what if instead, asks SI Labs Skip Ashton, we started with the "Things?"
- Keysight introduces first MHL 3 source compliance test software December 17, 2014Keysight Technologies, Inc. offers compliance test software for the latest Mobile High-Definition Link (MHL) specification.
- Cypress launches industry's smallest USB 3.0 hub controller December 17, 2014Cypress Semiconductor Corp. now offers a small package option for its EZ-USB HX3 USB 3.0 hub controller.
- Gumstix launches Version 2.0 of online custom board design tool December 17, 2014New version of online build tool provides 3D views, guidance with connecting parts and a pallete of available modules that can be dragged and dropped into a virtual workspace.
- IAR Systems partners with IP provider CAST to boost 8051 development December 17, 2014IAR Systems has partnered up with the semiconductor IP provider CAST Inc. to offer new possibilities for developers working with 8051-based applications.
- Boston-Area Engineers to Share Expertise at ESC Boston 2015 December 19, 2014